AQA GCSE Engineering
- Engineering materials
- Engineering manufacturing processes
- Testing and investigation
- The impact of modern technologies
- Practical engineering skills
Sections 1–6 from the subject content above.
Some questions in the written exam will relate to practical contexts and students will need to apply their understanding within these contexts.
How it's assessed
Written exam: 2 hours
60% of GCSE
- Multiple choice questions assessing breadth of knowledge.
- Short answer questions assessing in depth knowledge, including calculations.
- Multiple choice questions related to the application of practical engineering skills.
- Extended response questions drawing together elements of the specification.
Non-Exam Assessment (NEA)
Students will show;
- Application of skills, knowledge and understanding in a practical context.
- Analysis and evaluation of evidence.
How it's assessed:
A brief set by AQA released on 1 June in the first year of study.
40% of GCSE
- Engineering drawings or schematics to communicate a solution to the brief
- An engineering product that solves a problem
It is anticipated that students opting for this subject have a predicted Grade 6 in mathematics and a Grade 5 in Physics.