Parent or carer for a young person who attends at St John's?
If you would like information or support from the school's Family Worker about issues that effect teenagers or would just like to know more about the service, please contact the school and speak to Susie Denning
The Family Worker can provide direct support with parents/carers in a school context on a range of issues including:
- Helping with worries you may have in relation to your child’s education and attendance.
- Helping with worries you may have in relation to your child's wellbeing.
- Providing families with learning opportunities.
- Support with solving problems relating to school issues.
- Signposting you to financial assistance.
- Offer a home visit or drop in session within school.
- Provide access to programmes giving parenting support or finding other services to direct you to that can help.
Please find below links to different agencies:
Uniform Support and the Cost of Living
For those parents and carers with concerns about the costs of school shoes, school uniform, coats or equipment please ask to speak to the family worker, who can discuss this further with you confidentially and provide assistance.
There has been a sharp increase in the cost of living and we are also able to help signpost you to organisations that can assist and provide support. You can also find further help from Citizens Advice.